- Exfoliate! If you are someone who exfoliates regularly, then exfoliate 24 hours before your session. If you are not someone exfoliates regularly, exfoliate twice 12-24 hours before your session. This ensures that your tan is not being applied to dead skin cells that will fall off in a day or two!
- Showering 4 hours before your session is acceptable if you cannot do it the evening before, but not right before the appointment, as your skin will remain hydrated from the shower and not give the best results.
- Coming right from the gym is NOT recommended as the sweat will create a barrier
- Waxing and spa services (pedicure, massage, facial) should be done before your spray tan (2 days prior is my recommendation) as the oils can leave a barrier
- Do not use deodorant, makeup, perfume, or moisturizers (including the moisture strip on a razor) the day of your tanning session
- Bring loose fit clothing and flip flops (avoid skinny jeans, leggings, tight fitting shirts, etc.)
- You may tan in the undergarment of your choice (preferably a dark color)
- Ladies may tan topless. Bathing suits and underwear also work well.
- Have your hair back high and tight on top of your head, if possible
- If you are pregnant, have respiratory issues, diabetes, or allergies; please consult with a physician prior to your sunless session. We are happy to provide a list of ingredients for the solution we use, just ask ahead of time!
***BRIDES*** We always recommend a trial before your big day. So as you’re booking your makeup and hair, DO NOT FORGET YOUR TAN!
- Wear loose clothing till after your rinse, a bra is not recommended.
- We will advice you on the time frame when you can rinse. It is IMPORTANT that you must rinse in the time frame we provide for you. Waiting longer or earlier can adversely affect the color of the tan making it too light or to dark. You will only rinse with water, no soap or ANY product (till 8 hrs after your session). Make sure your face and ears are rinsed as well
- Don’t be alarmed if you think your spray tan is “washing” down the drain! That is just the cosmetic bronzer that we use as a guide while spraying you and it is not your tan “washing” away. Your tan will develop for 24 hours even after your first shower.
- Do not scrub or use loofahs, washcloths at the time of the rinse.
- Avoid any activity that will result in sweating and refrain from swimming and getting wet. Working out is not recommended immediately after your spray tan.
- 8 hrs after your spray tan, you may take a REGULAR shower. Our after care products are recommended, we are happy to advise you on what might work best for you with the products we carry. No moisturizers or creams until AFTER your shower.
- Please do not allow your pet to lick or jump on you
- Spa Treatments are not recommended after your airbrush tan (ex: massage, facial, pedicure)
- Dove products are NOT RECOMMENDED as they can strip your tan. Swimming will fade your tan. Please refer to the section “Products to Avoid”
- Moisturize! Use lotion twice a day after you shower to extend the life of your tan.
- If you have any issues with your tan, please do not hesitate to contact us! We want to make sure you absolutely LOVE your tan!